Herring & Herring Studio Internship
HERRING & HERRING is the collaboration between renowned international fashion photographers Dimitri Scheblanov and Jesper Carlsen. The team’s photographic approach is based upon conceptual and aesthetic exploration; continuously pushing the boundaries of story telling through an ever-expanding visual vernacular for their editorial, commercial and celebrity clients.HERRING & HERRING also publish an internationally distributed, bi-annual magazine which is wholly creative directed and photographed by the duo.
We are looking for hard-working, highly motivated, detailed-oriented intern(s) someone who has a strong desire to learn the ins and outs of the photo and publishing industry. Please visit www.herringandherring.com for more information about our work.
We are looking for candidate(s) with the following:
– Strong work ethic and a desire to learn all aspects of the industry.
– A background in Journalism, PR, Publishing and/or Marketing is preferred.
– Diligent writer.
– Skilled with social media and computing (including Microsoft Word, Excel).
– Able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives in a timely manner.
Preference will be given to the following candidates:
– Excellent verbal and written communication as you may be interacting with clients.
– Resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly.
– Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Possible duties to include the following:
– Writing and creating original content for our blog and weekly newsletters.
– Writing press releases.
– Dealing with portfolio updates.
– Assisting on shoot pre-production.
– Assisting on castings.
– Assisting on photo shoots.
– Calling clients.
– Updating and expanding Twitter, Instagram, facebook, posting videos and other content to the website.
– Communicating with outside vendors, booking flights and travel accommodations.
We are looking to fill the position immediately. You must be available to work at least two days per week onsite at the studio from 10am-6pm. You must be in the NYC area. Daily lunch will be provided. The studio is located in downtown Brooklyn. Internship is 3 months to start but may be extended based on performance.
There is possibility of a paid rate after 3 months.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Internship is unpaid, lunch and travel expenses are covered. College credit is optional.